Can You Get Pregnant From Precum?
So can you get pregnant from a precum or pre ejaculatory fluid?
This question get asked by young people who are trying not to get pregnant.
The answer to this question is no and yes. The truth is the chances of getting pregnant from pre cum is very low but not impossible.
From Research done on this topic, It was made clear that pre cum mostly contains no sperm or dead sperms. Another study showed that it is possible for the fluid when passing through the urethra to pick up some left over sperm from previous ejaculation. This previous or left over sperm may be passed into the vagina during intercourse.
It is in rare situations and very unlikely to get pregnant with pre cum. Except if left over sperm are present in the fluid.
Let examine what pre cum is, when it occurs and why it occurs.
What is Pre-Cum or pre ejaculatory fluid?
Pre-cum is also known as pre-ejaculate or pre ejaculatory fluid, cowper fluid or pre seminal fluid.
It is a clear, colorless, viscous fluid that is released from the urethra of the penis during sexual arousal. It is similar to semen but has a few chemical differences.
The fluid is released during intercourse or before ejaculation.
The fluid is secreted from the bulbourethral gland. The purpose of the pre ejaculatory fluid is to:
- Clear the path for the upcoming Ejaculation
- It neutralises the acidity of the urine as it passes through the urethra.
- It helps to make sure the urethra passage is safe for the sperm to pass through.
- It smoothens the passage of the sperm by lubricating the urethra.
- Lubricates the head of the penis
When does Pre-cum Occur
The Secretion or fluid starts when the man is aroused and continues through out the intercourse.
How often can Pre-cum cause Pregnancy?
The chances of getting pregnant from pre cum are higher if there has been a previous ejaculation and you are having another round of intercourse immediately.
The chances are also higher if you are having an intercourse close to when you are ovulating.
A few women, have reported getting pregnant from pre ejaculation or even during their period. Although this is rare, it is possible.
Can You get Pregnant from pulling out
While a lot of people use the pulling out method also known as withdrawal method to prevent pregnancy, it is not totally safe.
It is not a reliable method of family planning or birth control because:
- It is possible to get pregnant from Pre-cum. Although rare
- Sperm on the skin can sometimes finds it way into the vagina.
- Sometimes sperm from the previous sex are left in the urethra which may find its way into the vagina during unprotected intercourse.
To prevent getting pregnant from withdrawal method, do the following:
- Combine the method with other forms of contraceptives
- Use Spermicides
- Tell you partner to urinate before intercourse. This will clear away any left over sperm.
- Don't insert the penis back immediately after sex. Make sure you pee.
How likely is it to get pregnant from pre-cum while ovulating?
It is highly possible to get pregnant if you have unprotected sex during ovulation. Your ovulation is your most fertile day in your menstrual cycle.
Although it is rare to find living sperm in the precum or pre ejaculatory fluid. There is still a probability of having a living sperm in precum to fertilise the released egg at ovulation.
If trying to avoid pregnancy, use a condom or other forms of contraceptive or birth control pills. You can also avoid having intercourse when you are in your fertile window.
Some days are regarded as "safe days". Safe days are the days which you are less likely to get pregnant. These are the days after your period and few days after ovulation has occurred.
Women track their vaginal discharge or cervical mucus to know when they are fertile or non fertile.
Some women also may use of fertility monitors and ovulation predictor kits to pinpoint ovulation.
Can You Get pregnant from Swallowing
No, it is not possible to get pregnant from swallowing semens or sperm. Although you may get sexually transmitted disease such as herpes, gonorrhea, chlamydia and HPV.
For pregnancy to occur, sperm must meet an egg and fertilise it successfully.
can you get pregnant from dry hump?
Dry hump is when you have sex without penetration. So you may be wondering if you can get pregnant without penetration.
Can you get pregnant without penetration? No you cannot get pregnant without penetration.
Although if ejaculation occurs on your thighs, and the semen finds it's way to the vaginal you may become pregnant.
If you are dry humping with your clothes on, It is very unlikely to get pregnant.
Can you get pregnant with Pre cum while on birth control?
There is no chance of getting pregnant while on birth control pills if taking everyday and correctly. Birth control pills are pretty good at preventing pregnancy.
Birth Control Pills contain hormones and women take them everyday to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
Can you get pregnant with Pre cum while on your period?
The chances of getting pregnant while on your period is generally low. Getting pregnant during your period with pre-cum is even lower. If you have a very short cycle you may get pregnant right after your period if you have unprotected sex.
Can you get pregnant with Pre cum yes or no?
Yes you can get pregnant with pre cum if there has been an ejaculation earlier. It is possible for sperm to remain in the urethra after ejaculation.
And No if the guy has not ejaculated earlier or the guy urinated after the previous ejaculation.
I got pregnant from pre cum is it possible?
Yes it is possible to get pregnant. Especially if there are remnant spermatozoa left in the urethra. This sperm can be transported to the top of the penis alongside precum.
If the penis is inserted into the vagina or rubbed against the entrance of the vagina you may fall pregnant.
It is advisable your partner pees before having intercourse to clear away any sperm left in the urethra during previous ejaculation.
Pre-cum Facts You should Know
1. It is possible to get pregnant from precum if the guy has ejaculated earlier.
2. Pre cum is produced in the cowper's gland while sperm is produced in the testicles
3. The amount of sperm in precum is lower than in semen
I hope this post has answered you question of "can you get pregnant with pre cum?"
- When does Pre-cum Occur
- How often can Pre-cum cause Pregnancy?
- Can You get Pregnant from pulling out
- How likely is it to get pregnant from pre-cum while ovulating?
- Can You Get pregnant from Swallowing
- can you get pregnant from dry hump?
- Can you get pregnant with Pre cum while on birth control?
- Can you get pregnant with Pre cum while on your period?
- Can you get pregnant with Pre cum yes or no?
- I got pregnant from pre cum is it possible?
- Pre-cum Facts You should Know