How To Get Pregnant with Irregular Periods
What is Irregular Period?
A normal menstrual cycle usually last for 28 days. Anything between 21 days to 35 days long is fine.
But women who have irregular periods do not know when their period is coming because they are simply difficult to track.
If you see your period every month then your cycle is normal. But if you if you don't see your period every month or you don't even when to expect it then yours is irregular.
This can be pretty difficult if you are trying to conceive, because it means you are not ovulating regularly.
And ovulation must happen before you can conceive.
Causes of Irregular Periods
Irregular menstrual periods can be caused by:
1. Hormonal imbalance
The menstrual cycle is controlled by the estrogen and progesterone hormone. A proper balance between this hormones makes the menstrual cycle function properly.
When an imbalance occurs like too much estrogen or too little progesterone, it causes issues such as absent menstruation.
2. Contraceptives Change
Although a change in contraceptives such as IUD does not cause irregular cycles but it can cause spotting between periods, heavy bleedings and painful periods.
Doctors sometimes prescribe birth control pills to regulate irregular cycles. If you stop taking them your period may become irregular agin.
3. Polycystic Ovarian syndrome
PCOS is a gynecological condition that occurs when small cysts grow on the ovaries.
Irregular menstrual cycles is one of the symptoms of PCOS. Also women with PCOS do not ovulate regularly.
4. Thyroid Problems
Another thing that can cause your period to be irregular is if you have problems with your thyroid.
The thyroid gland is located in the neck and it produces hormones that regulate the body's metabolism.
Women who have thyroid disorder often have menstrual cycles that are irregular.
How to tell when you are ovulating with irregular period?
It is necessary to start tracking ovulation even though your period is irregular.
To track your ovulation. Do this:
1. Start charting your basal body temperature
2. Track your vaginal cervical mucus. the mucus produced at ovulation is slippery and wet.
3. Learn how to check your cervix by probing your cervix with a finger or two daily.
4. Test for ovulation, by using an ovulation predictor kit. Ovulation kits detect a surge in the luteinizing hormone in your urine. Just before ovulation LH surge will occur. Test in the morning and evening.
Does Irregular Period Mean Infertility?
30% to 40% of infertility are caused by abnormal menstruation cycle. Because ovulation plays an important role in conceiving, if you do not ovulate regularly, your doctor may prescribe fertility drugs to help with ovulatory problems.
The lesser the amount of time you ovulate in a year, the lesser your chances of getting pregnant faster.
But here is the good news, if you are able to predict your ovulation, by using various tools and techniques. You will be able to conceive faster.
Fertility drugs such as clomiphene, femara and bromocriptine can help if you are not ovulating regularly. But they also increases your chances of having multiple pregnancies.
How To increase your chances of Conceiving
To increase your chances of conceiving, do the following:
1. Eat healthy
2. Take fertility supplement
3. See your health care provider if you have been trying to conceive for 6 months. He/she may give you fertility drugs to help.
4. Exercise regularly but moderately
HOW TO TREAT IRREGULAR PERIOD NATURALLY
Stress has a huge impact on a woman's menstrual cycle. Stress can cause a woman not to ovulate or see her period at all.
Stress can affect the part of your brain that is responsible for triggering hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle.
The first step is to find out what is causing you to be stressed. You could be stressed from work, or you just moved to a new city. It could even be stressed caused by your children or spouse.
Try to relax, I know how difficult this could be. Take a break or vacation if you can.
Meditation, yoga and keeping a gratitude journal are great ways to relax also.
Take a hot bath nightly may also help.
You can also speak to a therapist.
2. Consume Ginger Tea
Ginger is well known for its properties to relief menstrual cramps and lower abdominal pain. It can also help in regulating a woman's menstrual cycle.
To make Ginger Tea. Do the following:
1. Boil a teaspoon of grounded ginger in a cup of water for 3-5 minutes.
2. Add a little natural or organic honey
3. Drink a cup after each meal (3 times daily)
4. Continue daily for about 4-6 weeks
3. Exercise Daily
Get at least 30 mins exercise daily. Too much of a thing is not good. Excessive exercising may also cause missed or irregular periods.
You can consider yoga or cross fits exercises. But the key is too do this in moderation.
- What is Irregular Period?
- Causes of Irregular Periods
- How to tell when you are ovulating with irregular period?
- Does Irregular Period Mean Infertility?
- How To increase your chances of Conceiving
- HOW TO TREAT IRREGULAR PERIOD NATURALLY
- Related Read